Friday, March 24, 2006

Sweet Sixteen: Thursday Recap

Last night's record: 2-2
YTD: 2-2
Recap:
Duke -6 vs. LSU
Score: LSU 62 Duke 54
Pick: Duke
Result: L

Hindsight is always 20/20 and that holds true with sports betting too. I pretty much argued in the "things to look for" that LSU had alot of advantages that they could exploit and for some reason I still picked Duke.

UCLA -3.5 vs. Gonzaga
Score: UCLA 73 Gonzaga 71
Pick: UCLA
Result: L

I think midway into the second half I finally admitted to myself that UCLA wasn't going to cover. Those things happen when a team shoots an abysmal 40% from the field for the game and less than 30% in the first half. After I came to the terms I was losing the game, my mood instantly changed realizing that I saw Adam Morrison and J.J. Redick cry in the same night.

Texas -5 vs. WVU
Score: Texas 74 WVU 71
Pick: WVU
Result: W

The three pointed is a marvelous thing, even though Texas dominated the boards and pretty much the entire game, WVU almost won. The three pointer is what enabled WVU to stay in the game and cover, I was even wondering during the middle of the first half if WVU was even going to hit a 2 pointer during the game.

Memphis -6.5 vs. Bradley
Score: Memphis 80 Bradley 64
Pick: Memphis
Result: W

This by far was the easiest game to pick. Wins over Pittsburgh and Kansas may have skewed people's views on Bradley thus leading them to be overvalued.

No comments: